Saturday, September 09, 2006

Poem and Teaser

God Says Yes to Me (by Kaylin Haught)

I asked God if it was okay to be melodramatic
and she said yes
I asked her if it was okay to be short
and she said it sure is
I asked her if I could wear nail polish
or not wear nail polish
and she said honey
she calls me that sometimes
she said you can do just exactly
what you want to
Thanks God I said
And is it even okay if I don't paragraph
my letters
Sweetcakes God said
who knows where she picked that up
what I'm telling you is
Yes Yes Yes


I'm about to embark on a major life change. I don't want to write about it until it's official, but it's MAJOR and it's SCARY. I'm taking a huge freakin' leap without a safety net (a visible safety net), but I have faith that something soft will catch me or better yet wings will sprout and I'll begin to soar. I'm definitely relating to the Anais Nin quote that says "There came a time when the risk to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." I've always related to the quote but now I feel the pain of remaining tight. I can't "play it safe" anymore. "Playing it safe" feels reckless. It feels dangerous. It feels life threating. And so I'm leaping. I'm taking the dive on Monday. Stay tuned.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

. . . may this find you with soaring wings . . . go girl, go! :)

8:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

DO YOU KNOW THAT I HAVE NOT READ YOUR BLOGG FOR A COUPLE OF WEEKS? ..... I HAD MISSED THEM. YOU SURE IS HAVING AN EXCITING LIFE...
DO EXACTLY WHAT GOD SAYS. DO WHATEVER YOU WANT TO DO AND WHATEVER YOU FEEL LIKE DOING AND MAKES YOU HAPPY AND SHE WILL CERTAINLY SAY: YES DARLING GO FOR IT , YES, YES, YES.

12:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home