Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Birthday and other news

"The world is round and the place which may seem like the end may also be only the beginning."
-Ivy Baker

My birthday party was so fabulous. I'm so grateful to P for throwing one for me. There were lots of people and it was a really nice crowd -- everyone kept saying how nice my friends are. Some of the usual suspects were missing, but there were some new faces and I'm just filled with warm fuzzies thinking about it. Also, the birthday present desire list really worked out for me. Isn't it funny ... if you ask for what you want, you're more likely to get it.

My actual birthday was unusual -- church, party clean up, multi-level marketing meeting (don't ask how I got roped into that one), sushi dinner, and then a 2:30-4:30 a.m. meditation for peace (again, don't ask). Monday I fasted with P for Yom Kippur (since I dragged him to a middle of the night meditation, I figured I could deal with a few hours without food). Even though we were fasting, we had a good time. The weather was beautiful and we went surfing (he's teaching me!). Later he went to get his kids and bring them to the house. They helped me wash Marley. Afterwards the four of us went for a walk in the neighborhood. I feel so lucky that the kids love my dog. I had to mediate who could hold the hose to rinse her off, who could brush her, who could hold the leash, and even who could pick up the poop! You know you've got it good when kids are fighting over who can pick up the dog poop. I hope that lasts, but I'm not holding my breath.

Anyway, speaking of mediation... I had my first mediation training today. It was SOOOO fun. I'm really excited to be getting into this arena. Yeah! It's nice to like what you're doing. :)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's great about the mediation class! I'm thinking about being a life coach!

12:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home