Thursday, October 05, 2006

Poetry Thursday

Here are my Poetry Thursday submissions. Today's Poetry Thursday prompt was to write about body part(s). I decided to publish a couple odes I'd written myself. Enjoy:

ode to my calves

how can you not love
the strong curves of my lovely calves
the product of miles of running and cycling and yoga and life
shapely and hard
changing shape with each movement of the foot
enticing, alluring, and unforgettable



ode to my knees


we've gone on so many journies together
at times you scream in protest
and i give you love
heat, ice, massages, strength training, physical therapy
and you silence
and quietly support me up, down, and
all around the world

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ode to Monick

You are a rock star.
You constantly inspire me
And you are really funny (when you're being funny).
You can always make me belly laugh.
You're a poet and you know it.

6:24 PM  
Blogger Hip Girlz said...

thanks darling Jill for that wonderful ode

6:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I REALLY LOVE READING YOU SWEET GIRL

3:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home