Friday, March 16, 2007

Last day of this part of my life

"Make voyages! -- Attempt them! -- there's nothing else."
– Tennessee Williams

I am in my bedroom alone right now. It's my last night in my house. Tomorrow I move to P's house. It's a little strange to be here surrounded by boxes and suitcases, and knowing that tomorrow is the first day of the rest of my life, and all that. I'm excited, though a part of me is sad to say goodbye to my truly single life. Though I yearned to be in a relationship for so long, there are nice things about being single. Even though it's nicer to be with P. than without him, it was also nice to have my own space to come back to. I had a sanctuary here. I can still create my sanctuary, but in a different space and in a different way. Anyway, this is slightly bittersweet, but mostly sweet. I'm thrilled about this next phase of my life.

In customary fashion, I've made moving into a party. It's going to be a St. Patty's Day, Mexican food and beer moving party. I've invited my nearest and dearest, and some helpful die-hards are coming to help. It should be fun, and the way I think of it -- the first day of the rest of your life should be fun. It has to set the tone for what's to come.

In other news, I've accepted a job. It's a law job?!? I've been working with a small IP litigation boutique as a contract attorney and I've been really enjoying it. Who would have thunk? Anyway, it's much fewer hours than I was working before for slightly more money. Nice trick, eh? Life is good.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Congratulations on both the step into your new life and the new job.

5:04 PM  
Blogger Hip Girlz said...

Thank you, my friend. :)

10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home