Thursday, December 28, 2006

Poetry Thursday

i go to this window

just as day dissolves
when it is twilight(and
looking up in fear

i see the new moon
thinner than a hair)

making me feel
how myself has been coarse and dull
compared with you, silently who are
and cling
to my mind always

But now she sharpens and becomes crisper
until i smile with knowing
--and all about
herself
the sprouting largest final air

plunges
inward with hurled
downward thousands of enormous dreams


-- ee cummings

This is this week's Poetry Thursday submission. I've been savoring it and trying to feel it's meaning. I was going to put on another ee cummings poem, but that one was very racy. And I'm always discovering that new people are reading this blog -- P's mom, P's ex, my mom, my exes, co-workers, etc. I guess some discretion is necessary at times.

This holiday week has been rather focused on weddings. We wrote out a guest list on Tuesday. Yesterday I went to look for dresses ... again. At first all the dresses I tried on seemed beautiful and perfect and my problem was that I couldn't decide which to pick. Now all the dresses seem wrong and I can't find anything that's quite right. I'm waiting for the magic moment when I put on the dress and the tears form in my eyes because I KNOW this is THE perfect dress. Soon. I think I'm just about over dress shopping.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a dream that someday you will try Vox, and when you do, you will fall in love with it. ;) It is very very good for having one blog in one place and setting different levels of privacy and publicity for different posts.

I am reading Nonviolent Communication, by the way, and loving it. Thanks for the recommendation!

6:20 PM  
Blogger wendy said...

indulge yourself in dress shopping..

I love ee cummings...

nce poem

7:35 PM  
Blogger Rethabile said...

Happy 2007...

11:13 PM  
Blogger Perkidiablo said...

The perfect dress is there waiting for you to find it and while sometimes you can feel a little discouraged, I promise that tear thing will happen. It might not be the first time you try it on though. You could go back and try on the same dress. The other key is to take Janet shopping with you. Do you have a Janet type there? Someone that will have you try on stuff that you would not imagine you would like and the poof, they pick the perfect one. :)

7:27 AM  
Blogger Hip Girlz said...

P told me to take his sister shopping with me. She's the fashion guru and a magical shopping companion. He says she ALWAYS finds the perfect thing. I'm certainly willing to try it. :) I'm also willing to try Vox. A whole new world could open up for me.

7:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home