Monday, November 27, 2006

Thanksgiving

"We are all of us from birth to death
guests at a table which we did not spread.
The sun, the earth, love, friends,
our very breath are parts of this banquet..."

Rebecca Harding Davis

Thanksgiving was truly a banquet! We had 40 guests and 3 large tables full with food, family, and friends. It was divine. Everyone feasted and then everyone got up to say what they were grateful for from the past year. I could have gone on for hours and hours, but I limited myself to a few key points -- my fiance, my step-children-to-be, my siblings and parents, my expanding family, my friends, my new business... The long and short of it is that 2006 has been a phenomenal year.

I'm off to see the Kings tonight. Since I left the law firm I hadn't had any boondoggle sporting tickets -- lo and behold my darling P also has access to his own corporate tix. We're taking his employer's tickets and making a night of it at the Staples Center. I can't wait. :)

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Perkidiablo said...

I hope you had a nice time! We missed you mucho. It was a much more sedated turkey day without the Paul family. But then again, everything is more sedated when the Paul family is not invovled. :)

2:19 PM  
Blogger Hip Girlz said...

We missed you too! Thanksgiving is just not the same without Kelli & Greg! Maybe next year you can break away from the fam and do an LA Turkey Day. We'll also happily have you at Easter. :)

2:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

girl, i hear you. 2006 has been so good that i'm almost kinda scared of 2007 (but 2004 and 2005 were rotten for me--all that spiritual growth stuff was worth it though) but I'm going to believe that 2007 will be just as wonderful if not BETTER for all of us.
namaste,
Fun

9:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home