Saturday, November 04, 2006

All Hallow's Eve

“If we are not happy and joyous at this season,
for what other season shall we wait and
for what other time shall we look?”

Abdul-Baha

Halloween was a good night. Sean decided to have a little Halloween handing-out candy-drinking-wine-and-eating-tamales party. Melissa, Jason, and Cerissa came over. After the major festivities Peter also came over. I couldn't partake in the tamales and wine (I was on my cleansing juice fast again), but I enjoyed the company. Also, it was fun to hand out candy to our neighborhood kids. We had a very steady stream all night -- we went through 12 bags of candy!!! It's nice to see that kids still trick-or-treat. I thought that had gone out the window with fears of razor blades and poisoned snicker bars. For several years when I lived in Santa Monica, I never had one trick-or-treater. In my hood I see that the institution is still alive and thriving.

Today is Friday and I find myself with a free day all to my glorious self. I thought I had a mediation conference today so I told my job (I'm doing some contract attorney work), that I would be gone today. Turns out that the conference starts this evening and the crux happens tomorrow. Today turned out to be a gift. Yeah!!! I'm going to go and enjoy it now.


Marley and Peter, the 70's swinging dude


Marley, the angel, on Halloween.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cute!!!!

8:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home