Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Soccer Mom Saturday and other Events

"I get up. I walk. I fall down. Meanwhile, I keep dancing."
Rabbi Hillel

Saturday I had a fun day with P and the kids. First we went to cheer Teo on at his 7-year old soccer league game. He was a bundle of energy and was always running to the ball and hustling to get his wee bum up and down the field. India and I brought pom poms and cheered for the Mustangs, Teo's team. Marley was the unofficial mascot. Unfortunately the hard-working Mustangs lost the game, but the kids were all smiles at the end. It was Daniel's (one of Mustangs) birthday and his mom brought donuts for the team. The loss was quickly forgotten as the boys dove into the box of Crispy Cremes.

After the game we went for lunch at Eat A Pita on Fairfax. We enjoyed some open air souvlaki and then headed to the market to buy pumpkins. From there we went to my place for an afternoon of pumpkin carving.

From there back to Peter's for a bbq. We ate outside to the light of the jack-o-lanterns. Fun was had by all.

On Sunday I went to Agape and then had a relaxed brunch with friends, a mani/pedi with Cookie, and finally over to Eleonore and Nico's for a wine and empanada party. Being at their place, surrounded by Argentines and full with Malbec and empanadas, reminded me of Buenos Aires. I was aglow with warm memories of my time in South America.

Now it's back to the law firm.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I AM REVIVING LONG TIME AGO FAMILY STYLE WEEKENDS...HUUUUMMMM

12:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home