Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Keeping Level-Headed

"We think, sometimes, there's not a dragon left. Not one brave knight, not a single princess gliding through secret forests... What a pleasure to be wrong. Princesses, knights, enchantments and dragons, mystery and adventure... not only are they here-and-now, they're all that ever lived on earth!"

Richard Bach, American Author
From 'A Bridge Across Forever'


Last night, my mom threw a little family engagement dinner for me and P. All my siblings were there and P's sister. It was fun, but... I saw it. I saw the pre-wedding stress. At times I was on edge, my mom was on edge, P was on edge and it related to the wedding. Yikes! This is supposed to be fun, right? My brother Marc let out evil little giggles throughout the night and kept saying "now it's your turn." No, I don't like that. There has to be a different way. I'm setting an intention for this process -- I want the whole engagement to be fun and chill and harmonious for all. If or when it stops being fun and chill and harmonious, I'm going to grab P and take the next flight to Vegas. Anyway, I've always wanted to be married by an Elvis priest.



Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh yes VEGAS...after all I do not have to spend my whole vacation in wedding preparation. Oh no..... remember that you are my first princess getting married.....Think about that.....

11:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home