Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Poem from P and Other News

The World’s Most Beautiful

I’d give anything to see the sun set on the horizon,
I’d do anything to gaze at a full moon in the night sky;
Even a rainbow would make me smile,
And I’d love to swim in crystal clear waters
Of an untouched sea;
Sometimes I’ll see a shooting star,
And try to gaze from afar,
All the diamonds in the night sky;
The mist on the mountains is breathtaking,
As is walking in rainforest;
To see cascading waterfalls I’d do anything for,
As to stand on the highest peak in the world,
And look at the sights below;
I’d love to soar on wings above the clouds,
Across the bluest skies;
I’d do anything to see
All the beautiful things in the world,
Like a red rose blooming in the Sahara,
Like a river twisting through a dusty land,
All the beautiful things in the world;

But I also know I am looking at
The world’s most beautiful creation,
Every time you smile,
And every time I look into your eyes.


- Muhammad Edwan Shaharir -

P sent me this beautiful poem this morning. I decided to share it. It's not Poetry Thursday, but I won't be around on Thursday, so I'm posting this today.

So why won't I be around on Thursday? I'm going to Jamaica for my brother's wedding. Hurray!!! I leave Wednesday evening and will be there through the 16th. I'm not sure if I'll be able to post, but if I can I'll put up some pics and let you know all about beautiful Negril. Ahhhh.

Mom and Dad arrived from Spain last night (in time for the wedding). I threw a little birthday party for my father (his b-day was on November 2). The kids (biological and otherwise) and significant others were there, and we celebrated with cake and champagne. As per usual when my family gets together, the house was filled with lots of laughter. The night started out a bit tense for me -- the folks got to meet P for the first time. This Meet the Fockers moment went extremely well though and everyone got along like gangbusters. Yeah!

In other news, I voted this morning. I have to admit that I didn't vote in the last election. I was ashamed, but I felt renewed as I did my civic duty this morning. I'm proudly sporting my "I Voted" sticker now. :)

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

too funny! my bro is getting married in jamaica in february! have fun and be well!

3:20 PM  
Blogger Hip Girlz said...

that is funny! small world.

3:56 PM  
Blogger Natalie said...

Your chosen poem is a fantastic celebration of life. I loved it. A bit like your own celebration i guess.

8:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home