Monday, January 08, 2007

the latest

"Always, always, always, always, always do what you are afraid to do."
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

My future mother-in-law checks my blog to see how I'm progressing with the wedding. In the interests of not disappointing her, here's the latest.

I found the dress. Last Thursday night I grabbed my sister and took her to a bridal shop in Torrance. I had been there before and had put 4 dresses "on hold." These were the dresses that I had really liked the first time I went to the shop with my mom. I got there and our helpful bridal consultant, Melissa, got my dresses for me to re-try. Two were definite no-no's. We were debating between the other two (I still wasn't quite sure), when Melissa brought me another dress to try on. My sister had picked up that dress before as a joke. Melissa brought it to me and I said "oh no! That's not me." "Just try it on," she implored. "OK" I had nothing to lose. Well, I put it on and ... hold the phone... I kinda liked this dress. I really kinda liked this dress. My sister starts having a caniption in the corner. Everyone is gasping. That's the dress!!! Well, what do you know? So it was done.

In other news, we put the deposit down for the wedding planner and the venue. We have a date (June 24, 2007) and we have a place (Granada, Spain). It's happening. YES!!!!!!!!!

In other news, I've formed a mastermind group. I formed it with 7 other phenomenal and inspiring women. We had our first meeting yesterday and from that I've already become inspired to move forward in my various goals. Katie and I set a date for our first Reiki I class -- February 3. I've also committed to taking some steps for my mediation career and for the NPI project. I love where I'm moving. Yeah! :)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would love to see a picture! Yay! How exciting.

6:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home