Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Master Cleanse - Day 4

"I called a detox center - just to see how much it would cost: $13,000 for three weeks! My friends, if you can come up with thirteen grand, you don't have a problem yet" -- Sam Kinison

P. and I have been doing the Master Cleanse -- we're on day 4 of the 10 day cleanse. For 10 days we drink a lemonade made of fresh squeezed lemon juice, organic grade B maple syrup, cayenne pepper, and purified water, salt water, laxitive tea, and water. That's it. No food, no other drinks, no broth, nothing, nada, zip. I was feeling a real need to detoxify and P. decided to join me.

So far, so good. I feel actually quite good. I had enough energy to go to the gym this morning and I've been fine with work. I have been missing food a little bit, but it's mostly just from force of habit. I'm not at all hungry and I'm actually feeling very light and very energetic. Also, I've lost 4 lbs. The downsides? It's actually a very busy, very social week where we have to go to all sorts of dinners (including our sisters' b-days and Rosh Hashanah). It's not that fun to watch people eat when you're on the cleanse. Also, you have to go to the bathroom about 568 times per day. And this may be too much information, but you have to give yourself an extra hour in the morning to let the salt water cleanse and the laxative tea do their thing. You CANNOT be out of the vicinity of a toilet for that entire time.

Anyway, I hope to blog each day about my experiences with the fast. Will try to write again tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home