Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Porgy & Bess

"Got to keep agoin' like de flowin' of a song.
Oh, I can't sit down
Guess I'll take my honey an' her sunny smile along.
Today I is gay an' I's free
Jes' abubblin', nothin'troublin' me."

-From "Oh I Can't Sit Down" Porgy & Bess

Last night P., B., R. and I (namely my new husband, sister-in-law and mother-in-law) went to the Dorothy Chandler Pavillion to see Porgy & Bess. The show was wonderful. I'd of course heard many of the songs before, but didn't know the story line or that it was an opera of sorts. I was very impressed by the depths of the portrayals and the singing. Fantastic show, fantastic time. And it's always nice to do the cultural thing in this city. LA is actually rife with it, but you have to work a little hard at getting to it sometimes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home