Sunday, March 18, 2007

Moving Party

"Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we should dance."
Anonymous

Mission accomplished. The move did turn out to be a party -- though one where we worked very hard! In the party invite, I must have forgotten to mention the steep 49 step climb up to P's place (I mean our place). Oh well, my "movers" made the best of it and appreciated the fact that in addition to helping a friend they got a great cardio and weight workout.

In order to make the move more festive, I donned my St. Patrick's green clothes, green beaded necklace, and blonde wig. I was also going to wear a tiara, but I thought that might be going overboard. Hehe. Anyway, I raised quite a few eyebrows at U-Haul with my outfit, but the kids were delighted and my future step-daughter asked to borrow another blonde wig and a green shirt so that we would be matching. Luckily I've got two blonde wigs. :)

In all the festivities, I forgot to photograph the event. I especially wanted to photograph, recognize, and thank my party-goers, Jeff, Rick, and Nick, for being such stellar friends and taking most of their Saturday to move me and my furniture up and down a mountain. Those guys totally rock!!! I also want to thank my new family for working their tails off (especially little T. who insisted on trying to carry boxes nearly double his size! and P. for working magic through sweat and organization). Lastly, I want to thank B, my future sister-in-law, for coming over and making us dinner later that night.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Perkidiablo said...

Congratulations on the move. I'm sooo happy for all of you and wish I could have seen you in your gear. hee hee. Love you!

1:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home