Monday, April 30, 2007

Updates

So much has been happening that I haven't had time to blog. Melissa got married the weekend before last. I was a co-maid of honor. The wedding was seamless and went off without a hitch -- perfect weather, wonderful food, incredibly happy bride, and well-received speech. It couldn't have been better.

Last weekend was my bridal shower. It was fun. There was good food, silly games, fun gifts, and great friends, and the theme was Pink Princess so everyone was dressed in pink and I was treated like royalty. My type of party! Hehe. :) Afterwards I went to Sean and Jen's b-day bbq, where there was more good food, great friends (though no silly games or fun gifts (at least not for me). :) I'm getting used to my house not being home anymore, but it still feels a little strange.

Yesterday morning I ran to the gym and then came back in time to make brunch for Pam and Allen, P. and the kids. I made some yummy crepes (if I do say so myself). Then just about as soon as we were done eating, we had to go to my dad's cousin's house for a early dinner. I felt like I spent the whole day eating, but it was good times. Peter and I then came home and started to open wedding gifts that have begun to pour in. Gifts are fun!!! Peter was particularly excited about the new coffee maker (thanks Jason!) and went around the house whooping with joy (and this was even before he drank a cup).

Anyway, things are great. I have four more days to be officially single. Peter and I are going to city hall on Friday afternoon to do the deed (too complicated to get legally married in Spain). Mom and Dad are here and Peter's mom just arrived this morning. We'll have the immediate family at the ceremony and then are going out for a celebratory dinner. I've been so focused on Spain (and getting married on June 24) that it just hit me that I'm getting hitched on Friday. Holy smoke!!! Yowsa!

I haven't been taking pictures (I need a new digital camera), but other people have. I'll upload them soon.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home