Tuesday, April 03, 2007

New Orleans

"In New Orleans, gluttony is a way of life."
-Mortin J. Horwitz


I just spent the past weekend in New Orleans for Melissa's bachelorette party and I concur wholeheartedly with the above quote. In fact, it seems that most, if not all, of the cardinal sins are a way of life in this city. I say this with the the utmost admiration and appreciation. I truly loved New Orleans with its outstanding food, exuberant party-life, unbelievable friendliness, beauty, sensuality, freedom, voodoo, music (in such diversity and crazy abundance), dance, celebration, coffee, alcohol. Standing in the French Quarter as the spring festival parade rattled by on horseback while costumed citizens threw flowers, beads, and candy to the onlookers, I was blown away by the poetic nature of the culture.

Anyway, I loved the city and had a terrific time with the 7 other phenomenal women at the bachelorette party. The weekend was a perfect mixture of pre-wedding merry-making, oyster po'boys, beignets, and hurricanes, shopping, quality girl-time, and the occasional run. I'll post pictures as soon as I upload them.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home