Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Recent Holidays

"The legacy of heroes is the memory of a great name and the inheritance of a great example." ~Benjamin Disraeli

So much has been going on, but I haven't had time to post. I'm not going to post about everything, I'll just focus on two most recent holidays and their accompanying celebrations.

First of all was Mother's Day. I celebrated my first Mother's Day as a step mother. My beautiful step-daughter made me the sweetest card [I feel like such a mom because I have this hand-made Mother's Day card proudly displayed in my office] and she bought me this beautiful gift of Mango Pomegranite lotion. At this point, I'd been a step-mother for a little over a week. I didn't expect anything, so I was practically moved to tears for these gestures. Mother's Day was spent picnicing in Silver Lake with P, the kids, their mom, her boyfriend, P's mom, P's sister, and her husband. The whole family was there and it was great. The weather was perfect, the food was delicious, and just knowing that the extended family can get along so well also made me feel quite teary. I'm quite a mush about all of this, but I'm really so grateful for how seemlessly I've been able to blend into the family.

The other thing I want to blog about was the great Memorial Day BBQ we celebrated yesterday. P and I hosted about 24 mates for some chook on the barbie. (That's "chicken on the barbecue" for you non-Aussies). We also had burgers and other tasty things. Again, perfect weather, delicious food, wonderful people and great times. And since I wasn't feeling very well at the end of the night, my delightful and wonderful husband cleaned up everything all by himself. How did I get so lucky?

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home