Monday, January 18, 2010

Veganism and Gifts

I'm on Day 15 of the Vegan Kickstart. I'm feeling pretty good and not missing meat and cheese too much (no recent dreams). I've been having a lot of processed food -- faux meat or processed soy cheese are not the best things for you. When I eat too much processed food I definitely don't feel as good. So, I'm really tuning in with my body. And I think in general, I'm feeling lighter and healthier. This is my last week. I'll reassess how I feel at the end of this process.

So, in addition to my 21 days of veganism, I've embarked on 29 Days of Giving. I've challenged myself to give 29 gifts in 29 days (www.29gifts.org). I'm on Day 9 and it's been a huge shift for me. When you're spending the whole day looking for opportunities to give of yourself, you realize how much you have to give and you are grateful. I highly recommend it to everyone, especially those who feel like they don't have enough (of anything).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home