Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Getting back on the horse

I was very happy with myself for all the forward movement I initially had with Hip Girlz. I charged ahead and really got things moving. And then... And then, I don't know what happened. Life happened. New York happened. An unsuccessful sale happened and I just temporarily quit. I was speaking with my friend Katie last night and talking to her about a business she's starting. "Failure is a part of success," I told her. "Edison had 10,000 failed prototypes for the light bulb before he succeeded. It was his perseverence and determination that paid off." Suddenly a light bulb went off in my head. I just need to keep taking those small daily steps again.

Two other things made me recommit to this project. First, I met a professional stylist for magazines on Sunday night. I told her that I would send her some Hip Girlz stuff to use and she was very excited about that. Second, my wonderful web designer Kari sent me a "how you doing?" e-mail. The time has come.

My small step for today... I wrote out my text for shipping, refunds, returns, and tax. A small step, to be sure, but an important one. The important thing is that I'm moving forward again. Hurray!


Las Pampas Earrings - $15

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home