Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Quote of the Day & Visit to Palace #2

We are, each of us, angels with only one wing, and we can only fly embracing each other."
-Luciano Decrescenzo

Last night was the second class at the Pleasure Palace. Again I can't really talk about the content of the class, but I can discuss my feelings.

First of all, I should comment that my ex-boyfriend Mark wrote me a hilarious e-mail saying that he found out on my blog that I was taking this class. He followed the link to mamagenas.com and came to the conclusion that I'm in the process of becoming a "masturbating dominatrix." While, um, pleasure in all of its varied forms is a key element of the class and the goal of the class is to be in better control in our relationships with men, the class is really about teaching ourselves to follow our pleasure, our hearts, our intuition, our desires to find the life of our dreams with and through men. Anyway, I greatly enjoyed reading Mark's characterization. It's innacurate, though does hold some grains of truth and frankly just made me laugh out loud.

So... class last night was interesting for me. I definitely did not leave feeling high and fluffy like after the first class and really during the entire last week. I felt like I hit a wall and came up to what Mama Gena calls a "knot hole." Sometimes we've got to work through those. I know intuitively that I'm going to go through this and feel higher. It just wasn't that pleasant. I felt sad, jealous (of other women's success), anxious, etc. [This was also connected to other stuff going on at work.]

Anyway, Mama told me to just party with the feeling. Indulge it. I'm being so kind and gentle with myself right now. I bought myself a little cheesecake desert for later, I put corn in my salad though it's "bad to get extra carbs," I went out last night and enjoyed a mojito and some tapas, I ordered flowers to get delivered to my office (big pink bouquet) with a message on the card saying "you're so amazing!!!!", and I've been bragging. I'm working through it and feeling good. There's definitely something to following your pleasure and just being accepting of your pain. I feel myself moving higher.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home