Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Weekend Blog

"I'm focussing on what I haven't attained, not what I have. A lot has come to me early. I don't want to get consumed with that. Winners live in the present tense. People who come up short are consumed with future or past. I want to be living in the now. My goal is to play one full game in the now, but I haven't even gotten past the first inning yet. I start thinking about where my mom is or if my dogs have been fed. The average human has 2,000 thoughts a day. The really accomplished have 1,500 because you can focus longer. I need to learn how to focus longer."
Alex Rodriguez - American professional major league baseball player, All Star, player of the year

I write this as I focus on my blog instead of on the brief I need to write or the direct exam I'm drafting. Sigh.

I had a really fun weekend. I threw a St. Patrick's Day/B-Day Party for Kelli on Friday night. It wasn't one of our big ragers but was a solid, more intimately fun party. Towards the end of the night we ended up doing karaoke on my new DVD/Karaoke player and since we didn't have a microphone, everyone sang. We sang from my "Top Hits from the 90s" karaoke cd and it was such a blast! We sang "Smells Like Teen Spirit," "I'm Too Sexy," "Ice, Ice Baby" and all sort of other classics. It was hysterical and just too fun! Good times were had by all.

Saturday I had long gym workout, followed by art class, followed by Corinne's bachelorette party. Her party was fun, but I couldn't truly enjoy myself because I kept thinking about how ridiculously early I had to wake up. I went with them in the Hummer limo to dinner. We had dinner at Memphis. It's a cool venue (converted old Victorian house) and the food wasn't bad, but it was quite overpriced [especially for soul food] and I found the chairs were a too big for the room. They have these big overstuffed arm-chairs for people to sit on in the upstairs room. They're crowded around the tables. Mine was right near a wall and I kept having to get up to let the waiters or my fellow bachelorette-party goers through. That was a little annoying. If you're thinking of going to a restaurant in Hollywood, I think you can skip this one.

By the time dinner was over I had to get back home and into bed. I had left Charlie in Venice. I had the Hummer limo take me home while the rest of the party-goers headed to the club. It was kind of fun to get dropped off in front of the house by a big old limo.

After getting 3.5 hours sleep, I woke up at 4 a.m. for the LA Bike Tour. I rode my bike, with Jojo and Sean, to the race. We did the race, rode home, and then rode to breakfast. Grand total = approx. 40 miles! After breakfast we ran to spectate some of our friends (Melissa and Jason) who were running the marathon. After we watched them run by, Jojo and I went for a 6 mile run on the marathon course. We ran three miles one way and then ran three miles back. [It was towards the end of the race, so we weren't getting in anyone's way]. I felt very bad ass, but very tired!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

sweeet! what a great weekend!

9:39 PM  
Blogger Hip Girlz said...

It was really fun!

4:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home