Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Talk Like A Pirate Day

Ahoy mateys. Do you landlubbers know what today is? It's September 19th and it's Talk Like a Pirate Day. Arrgh, shiver me timbers. I sure do feel silly talking (um... writing) like a pirate, but it's a national holiday and I'm a patriot. If you want a laugh, read Dave Barry's take on this. And as Dave Barry says:
"Join us on Sept. 19. You HAVE the buckles, darn it: Don't be afraid to swash them! Let's make this into a grass-roots movement that sweeps the nation, like campaign-finance reform, or Krispy Kreme doughnuts. I truly think this idea could bring us, as a nation, closer together. But not TOO much closer. Some of us will have swords."

In other news, I went with Sean, Melissa, Jason, Cookie, & Peter to see Avenue Q at the Ahmanson last night. It was absolutely hysterical! I'm particularly fond of the Bad Idea Bears -- two very cute and cuddly looking bear puppets that encourage the characters to do all sorts of very unwise things. I highly encourage everyone to check it out.

Lastly today is my first day of eating real food. The Master Cleanse was a rousing success. I feel great, lost 10 lbs., and am so enjoying the taste of the pear, avocado, and mango I ate so far today. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home