Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Raw Food & *Another* Wedding Party

"Vegetables are the food of the earth; fruit seems more the food of the heavens."
~Sepal Felicivant

It's funny how when you limit the food you eat, food becomes a much bigger thing in your life. Well, if I'm to be honest, food has always been a big thing in my life. Now, I seem to be spending even more time thinking about it though. Oh well.

I'm loving the raw food diet so much, that I've just decided to stick with it at least for another week or two. I feel absolutely wonderful, have lost about 15 lbs. (so I'm looking better), and am super energetic. It's also been much easier than I thought to do this. I haven't missed cooked food, meat, caffeine, alchohol, eggs or diary. In fact, I'm in no hurry to go back. Also, it's been easy to find raw food restaurants and of course organic, locally grown fruits and veggies abound. Luckily being in LA, people don't think you've landed from Mars for doing this and the resources are readily available.

Anyway, I'll keep it up until I don't feel like it anymore. In the meantime, bring on the salads and fruit and nuts.

In other news, my most wonderful fabulous friends -- Katie, Jill, Susan, Ariane, & Eleonore -- are throwing Peter and I an LA champagne and dessert wedding party this weekend. It's for those who couldn't make it to Spain and for those who made it to Spain and just want to attend a great party. Yeah! I have the best friends. :) Susan is even flying all the way from Birmingham, Alabama to be there. Life is sweet. Now I just have to decide if for this one occasion, I feel like some alcohol and refined sugar. ;)

2 Comments:

Blogger Perkidiablo said...

I say one glass of champagne. Who knows, maybe you'll get a great buzz from it. :)

7:43 AM  
Blogger Hip Girlz said...

I'm sure I will! Alcohol and refined sugar and I'll be bouncing off the walls! Whoo!

10:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home