Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Birthdays and Other Celebrations


Who, being loved, is poor?” - Oscar Wilde

This post is going to be a big brag. I have to brag because these past few days have made me feel so beloved. First of all, five of the most gorgeous, generous, amazing women threw me a party on Saturday. The party was amazing... they really did it to the nines. They rented fancy linens and champagne flutes. They baked amazing deserts from scratch. They got fine champagne and decorated the house with champagne colored balloons. It was awesome. I felt very beloved by these women -- all representing different phases of my life (from college to the present). One of these women, Susan, flew all the way from Alabama just to throw me a party! And then there were the guests -- all sorts of people came to toast to Peter and I in our marriage. Again, I felt so very, very beloved and very honored. It was unbelievable.

Then yesterday was my birthday and the lovefest continued. I received all sorts of cards, phone calls, e-mails, flowers, gifts, etc. from friends and family near and far. But I also received happy birthday messages from all sorts of unexpected people from ex-boyfriends to ex-belly dancing teachers to ex-secretaries. It was incredible!

Then last night my family and my honorary family (my siblings, siblings-in-law, and best law school friends) took me out to dinner at Newsroom. There were 15 of us and our laughter rang out through the whole restaurant. As an aside, I highly recommend this restaurant. The food is very good and there are all sorts of healthy food options -- I was able to eat a raw salad and a vegan dessert. However, the meat eaters were also very happy with everything from New Zealand steak to Dehli prawns. Also, if you go you MUST eat the artichoke appetizer. It is beyond heavenly! Additionally, for those who get a kick out of star sightings, this place is also a very good place to go. I saw at least 2 movie stars there last night.

Anyway, I really resonate with the above Oscar Wilde quote. With all the love I've been shown in the past few days, I have to say I feel awfully rich.

1 Comments:

Blogger Perkidiablo said...

So happy that you have had such a great birthday week. As I say, you should be celebrating your birthday all month long. Heck, all year long. It should just be one big love fest all the time. I love you!!!

3:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home