Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Family Time

"Call it a clan, call it a network, call it a tribe, call it a family:
Whatever you call it, whoever you are, you need one."

~Jane Howard

With my hubby out of town, I've been spending lots of quality time with my siblings. On Saturday morning I went hiking with Chris and our dogs in Temescal Canyon. Afterwards we had a nice leisurely breakfast in the Palisades. Later that afternoon, I went and hung out with Cookie. She helped me with my hair and in exchange forced me to watch the new tv show Cane. I have to admit it was a pretty good show. I'm not going to start watching tv because of it though.

On Sunday I went over to Marfua's for a barbecue. The Soulja Boy song came up again and we spent quite a bit of time learning the dance ourselves. Now I can't wait to start dancing with the kids. :)

Tonight I had some more quality time with my family. We were Fueding. Cookie got us an audition for the Family Feud and we all braved the traffic to get there in time (Marfua and I were quite tardy, but we were not too late to audition). When I was imagining the audition I thought we would be the only family, and it would be a sort of screen test to test out our personality and our gaming skills. It turns out that we were one of 16 or so families. First they started off with a primer about how to be VERY ENTHUSIASTIC. Always make a guess and be VERY ENTHUSIASTIC. Huddle at the appropriate time and be VERY ENTHUSIASTIC. Support your family, always say "Good Answer!!" even if it's the worst answer in the entire world, oh and be VERY ENTHUSIASTIC. If anyone knows our family, enthusiasm is not a problem for us. We were feeling very ok.
After they went though the general "BE VERY ENTHUSIASTIC" primer and the rules of the game, they started having the families pair off to play a couple rounds together.

Because of our tardiness we were the last family (I think it's good because we were the freshest on their minds as they were deliberating). We were VERY ENTHUSIASTIC by the time we went up there. We had been practicing our enthusiasm the entire time, so by the time we got up to bat we were very amped up. We were asked to name "a type of food you eat in slices." Cookie won the face-off giving the number one answer of "Pizza." Chris then answered with #5 -- "Pie" and I followed up with #3 -- "Bread." Efua guessed pineapples. It was a good answer but not on the board. Marc guessed apples. Good answer, but also not on the board. Cookie was back up and she sort of went blank. With time running out she guessed "fruit." She couldn't come up with anything more specific. The other family stole it with "cheese." Anyway, even though we lost that round we remained very supportive of one another and the other team and we were VERY ENTHUSIASTIC. The Studio guy who walked us out commented that we did very well with our enthusiasm. :) We were so enthusiastic that it took quite a while to come down from the high of playing.

Anyway, if they like us they'll send us a postcard in the next couple of days. If we haven't heard in 2 weeks, we didn't make the cut. Regardless of what happens, it was a really fun night. My siblings and I really bonded over the experience and if nothing else we were all VERY ENTHUSIASTIC.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home